E-commerce is the buying and selling of products and services via your web or mobile site.
What is e-commerce?
E-commerce is the buying and selling of products and services via your web or mobile site. This can be business to consumer (B2C) and/or business to business (B2B).
Essentially "e-commerce" or "online shopping" starts right from the moment your customers either start their online research via a search engine such as Google, or directly access your web site via advertising or word of mouth.
Online shoppers want to research, compare products, see what it looks like.. when they are ready to buy they will “add to cart”. The "check out" process is your online cash register, this process collects any required cutomer details such as delivery address and payment.
Why do I need it?
B2C and B2B online shopping continues to rise substantially around the world.
Online shopping allows consumers to take advantage of:
- 24/7 online shopping (you’ll be surprised how many online purchases occur at 3am!)
- lower prices
- access to overseas products
- access to greater variety
- comparison engines that compare and recommend product
And your business to business customers to:
- 24/7 access to online product catalogues
- order products quickly and seamlessly
- track order processing
- pay and view accounts online
You won’t be selling any products online until we cover off the basics:
- Find-ability… If I can’t find it, I can’t buy it!
- Selling your products… SELL me; don’t let me leave without a purchase.
- Build trust.. If I can’t trust you, I won’t give you my money.
- Quick and easy purchase process.. allow me to purchase without telling you my life history.
- Fulfilment.. tell me when I can expect my product and how.
To get the basics right, your team at Bullseye would be made up of a UX consultant to ensure everything from your sites information archecture to check out process is customer friendly, SEO recommendations and copy writing from our expert content team to esthetic and beautiful product and shopping checkout design from our creative team.
We can start at the beginning or pick up where you left off to ensure we’re guiding you through our suggested approach.
- We need to ensure your product pages are search engine optimised; we want your customers to go from a search engine result directly to your web site;
- Once your customer is there, we don’t want them to get lost. Your site needs a solid information architecture, customer friendly labelling, a logical hierarchy, simple categorisation;
- Let’s make sure your product pages really sell your products/services. Quality product descriptions can transform e-commerce conversion rates — it’s common to see increases of 30-100%. Copy writing, the design esthitic and the usability of your product pages will make a huge difference to your bottom line.
Our content team can work with you to ensure your product pages are doing their job; we want to tick all the e-commerce 101’s for online selling:
- Create unique tone of voice (that matches your brand). Use YOUR copy not catalogue copy from your suppliers;
- Be informative and creative (sell what makes your product so special);
- Show your customers what the product looks like;
- Build trust (online selling requires trust in you rproduct, services, your payment process and delivery methods);
- Ensure your call to action (BUY NOW) is front of mind
4. Our goal is to design the simplest and fastest check out process that makes purchases fast and easy but also gets the tick from your IT and Finance departments! We’ll collect just enough information at just the right time, and we’ll keep your customer completely informed of all steps required, and where they are in the process.
5. We can implement whatever payment gateway your business prefers (or recommend one if you need help) to ensure payment process is secure and encrypted.
6. We will work with you to meet your fulfilment requirements, whether that be talking to an existing system or building something new, let’s chat.
Like more information or some pricing? Email us at email@example.com.