If a picture is worth a thousand words, how much do you think a video is worth? According to Forrester's researchers, one minute of video is worth 1.8 million words.
Human beings are visual creatures. We process visuals faster than text and remember messages more easily through video. It’s a great tool for learning, and of course, introducing your business to the audience. You can write about your product two pages long, but if you can show its features and benefits in a one-minute video, which do you think the audience will tune in to?
the rise of video in content marketing
To clearly grab how video has positively impacted content marketing, let’s take a look at some stats:
- On average, users spend 16 minutes watching online video ads per month (according to ComScore).
- 80% of users remember a video ad they watched in the past 30 days (according to Online Publishers Association).
- 64% of users are more likely to buy a product online after watching the video ad (according to ComScore).
- Users remember 95% of a message when they watch it in a video.
- Video ads increase purchase intent by 97% and brand association by 139% (according to Unruly).
Why do I need video for content marketing?
First, video helps you engage the audience. Creating compelling copy is a must. But if that’s all you’ve got, the chance is your audience will feel like they’re reading a text book back in school. Most likely, they’ll move on. With so much information circulating on the Internet, you need to quickly grab their attention. Video is naturally engaging and easier to digest. They’ll spend more time on your website or interacting with your brand.
Secondly, it’s a great tool to reach the masses. When you create an engaging video, your audience will share it in their social network. That’s how your brand gets exposed to new potential customers, through viral video.
Finally, video allows you to be found. YouTube receives more than one billion unique visitors every month and is one of the largest search engines. Even better, Google shows YouTube videos on their first result page.
To make video a part of your content strategy, we follow these steps:
- Pre-production plan. We come up with ideas of how to execute your vision through video. These ideas will be presented to you in a moodboard and storyboard.
- Filming. Once the storyboard is approved, we start filming. If it’s an animation video, we’ll start designing.
- Editing. We gather all the shots, pick the most suitable ones, and put them together. We also add effects or text as required.
- Uploading. After your approval, we upload the video to your preferred channel with the appropriate tagging so that your video can be found through search.
Like more information or some pricing? Email us at email@example.com.